By now you know that BringShare is all about data simplification. We’re not about cutting corners or discarding data that isn’t perceived to be helpful. We assess all of your data and present it in a way that makes light bulbs turn on and trumpets sound with stunning clarity. We present compelling data analysis that helps you move your internet marketing forward.
CPA. CTR. CPC. It’s not alphabet soup, it’s the components of paid search – and BringShare can help you assess your paid search campaign performance in less than three minutes or the amount of time it takes you to read this blog post. How’s that for simplification and value?
1. Start with your CPA. Is it too high? If so, you’ll have your work cut out for you. If it’s not, you’re doing well. Either way, you’ll want to continue the assessment.
2. Check your cost over the last week. Are you spending your entire budget? If not, you may need to figure out how to add more impressions by creating more keywords or adgroups.
3. Check your CTR (clickthrough rate). It’s normal for it to be pretty low but if it’s not at least above .5%, put on your marketing hat and consider expanding your ad campaign by testing other key messages and value propositions to see what resonates with customers and improves performance.
4. What is your AVG CPC (average cost per click)? You should know what your maximum cost per click should be before you are losing money. If it is too high, you need to “pause” expensive keywords/adgroups or lower your bids.
5. Look at the Impressions and Click Trends by Day graphs. If your Impressions are going up but your Clicks are going down, it means your ads aren’t doing their job or your ads are showing on searches that aren’t right for your business.
6. Look at your Conversion Trends graph. Your conversions should be holding steady or improving. If you see a declining trend start to develop, figure out what happened and correct it. You may have changed your website, added new keywords or other things that can impact your conversion rate.
Think of it this way: with BringShare’s dashboard data in hand, a paid search assessment is like watching the dashboard of your car. Low on gas? Fill the tank. Low on oil? Change it and replace the filter. It’s common sense, right?
You wouldn’t want to pay a high-priced mechanic to address simple, do-it-yourself maintenance procedures on your car, and you don’t need a high-priced consultant to help you understand how to maximize paid search…not when you have BringShare riding shotgun.
BringShare is digital marketing software that pulls all of your digital marketing data into one convenient place, saving you time and money. Sign up for a free trial of BringShare to get started with your SEO, Email Marketing, Social Media, Paid Search and Website Performance Dashboards. We make it easy to track all of your digital marketing in one place.